View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just made my second batch of papaya (fermented & dryed) This batch is nicer and more potent I think. Three cups of mashed ripe papaya fruit (without skin & seeds) added a generous amount of cinnamon and turmeric *next time I will measure, I promise. Put into a glass container with plastic wrap tightly over the surface of mix and another over the top of the container to keep out air. Let it sit for 6 days this time. Mixture was more thickened than first batch. Then added 3 teaspoons of finely ground flax seed and stirred in well. Let stand about 5 minutes. Stir again. Flax made the mix more thickened. Then dropped in small blobs on unbleached parchment on dehydrator sheets. This dryed nicely and was more like fruit leather (rubery consistancy..beautiful/ storable) The main thing I have noticed is an improvement in my eyes..things not as blurry without glasses, better night time vision. I am going to try taking alittle more at a time and see what happens.....will report back......Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just_me_77 (12-06-2010), moondaughter (12-03-2010)