View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 02:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
As for face numbness, count me in. I've had both 'typical' and 'atypical' Trigeminal Neuralgia, so you can count me in on that as well.

'Typical' for me is the sharp blasts of pain down 1 side of the face (usually the left for me).

'Atypical' lives up to it's name in my case... I can't predict WHAT it will do! What side, or if both will be affected, how long it'll last, and it goes from a numb, almost novocaine-like (as Erin mentioned) sensation, to creepy, crawly burning sensations in my temples/under my eyes/my cheeks, where the usual sensation of 'normalcy' is replaced by a numb or 'not right' feeling to the area affected + a host of other fun crawly, burning fanfare.

'Typical' is much more breath-stealing instant onset of tremendous pain (left me in the fetal position on the floor praying for mercy), while the 'atypical' is either there upon waking, worsening through the day, or slowly comes on and isn't as severe on the 'pain scale' as the 'typical'.

Notable as well, I've not ever had a breath stealing moment on my right side, only the left... I've had the jab pains like a pulse on the right, but nothing even close to what I experience on the left. Atypical for me affects me bi-laterally.
My TN, on the left side, is controlled with the gabapentin, once in awhile I get a painfull twinge or two, but I just started to have s slight numbness on the right side of my face. It's not completely numb, just feels weird & a little numb.

I have all these symptoms, & am waiting on an MRI. It could be months & I feel like I might go crazy waiting, to see what's wrong with me.
jiggered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (12-02-2010), SallyC (12-02-2010)