View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could you get some help?

Hi NJ Girl,

Thank you for sharing your story.

Wow. What a lot you've been through. I'm so sorry that you have had such a struggle. Having a brain injury as got to be one of the most unpleasant things that can happen to a person.

It sure sounds like you could use a bit of help from someone. It is so tough surviving a brain injury let alone getting it, not to mention all the other non-medical stuff that you have to deal with, like money, job, friends and family, how you are going to live, stuff that you didn't have to think about before.

Is there anyone out there that could help you out with all the sorting out? I'm British and there is a good brain injury organisation in the UK, Headway. If you could find some such organisation in the U.S. where someone could help you out a bit, it might take some of the pressure off so that it isn't such a struggle for you.

I didn't really understand why only Workman's Comp and not car insurance? Can't you have both? Sue Mac for damages. Surely they have enough money and won't want bad publicity. There must be no-win-no-fee lawyers who will do this for you. It is hard to deal with all that fallout of the accident by yourself.

I have a TBI from similar, but not as bad, car accident, which was also entirely down to someone else's stupidity. I know that just dealing with the legal side, and all the medical examinations etc. is a drain on your energy.
There are so many things that need to be sorted out. My strategy was not to try to do everything at once, which just gets overwhelming. So, I just pick one thing at a time and try to deal with that, so that things are at least moving in the right direction, and then I take a rest.

If it helps at all: It is now three years since my accident and I am definitely better than I was two years after - more energy, milder headaches, not dizzy - so you can still improve.

I hope that you can find some nice people who will help you out a bit.

I wish you all the best and energy for the journey that you are on.
It's a tough one, but sometime in the future you are going to smile again.

CS

Last edited by Concussed Scientist; 12-02-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: No reason to quote
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (12-03-2010)