View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcntry View Post
I am so mad at my neuro doctor that I had to get a new one. I had an appointment with him the other day. He asked me how I was doing. I told him I thought my neuropathy was moving into my stomach, back and hands. He had the nerve to say to me, thats what happens when you have neuropathy. I will see you in two months. WHAT?? I think my mouth dropped. Has anyone ever had a doctor be so rude to you? He didn't even bother to say, hey lets do some tests to see if this is true. What a JERK. Well at least I have a new one, lets hope he is compassionate and wants to help me. Thanks for listening. By the way I am 40 and have had neuropathy for about 6 months, the only symptom I have is a stabbing, sharp, burning pain in both of my feet.

Michele
Michele,

I've been battling PN for 10 yrs. I think the thing you're angry about is not so much his lack of empathy as his lack of willingness to spend time to explain to you more about your disease(s). It's possible that your condition could affect your digestion, nerve trunks (back), and other peripheral nerves. One explanation that these areas suffer a loss of sensory or autonomic fibers, too. I don't think you have too much to worry about with these issues, but here's what's helped me: Cymbalta (90mg x1) + Lyrica (25 mg x3) combo per day. Something new I've tried recently is sleeping with my feet elevated at night. It's puzzling why none of my physicians (there have been many) ever suggested that. Hope you benefit from my suggestions. And...change neurologists if you can.

Tex
drpolsgrove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote