View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, I so love to hear from twin parents whose kids are grown because that means you SURVIVED!!!! there have been many occasions when I think I won't! my boys are only three and have been working in collusion since day 1 and that makes me fear they day that they are 16! Thank you for your wods of encouragement and please make no mistake about me I work hard to be positive but I am human and there are many days when I am underneath it all and gasping for breath. I think that the boys have helped me look for the positive side of all of this, with every new thing they do, every new word or imaginary friend I am reminded that I NEED to find the positive in this situation if for no other reason than the difference of a few minutes on the morning of my accident in that pre-dawn for meant I had already dropped the boys off at daycare or they would have been in the car with me and I try to remember that when I really feel trapped underneath it all. As I said though, I am human and I do get down about "it" and I get angry at "it" when things come up that I can't do, you know the running/jumping/playing part of being a mommy,it gets hard to sit on the side lines and watch other people/family/friends get to do that part of it knowing I can't right now.

I do have some good news though!! I went to see my Ortho doc on Wednesday and too my great surprise they took me out of a cast and put me in a "boot" and the X-ray show that the bone is healing nicely (GO! GO! Osteoblasts!) I was secretly fearing this appointment because I was certain they were going to say: "so sorry but it is not healing and you will require surgery, etc. etc. etc" but low and behold!!!! all is going great, healing nicely and AHEAD of schedule!!!! So I was able to call my pain doc and get rescheduled (yeah!). I am now scheduled to have a follow up with Ortho Dr. on 12/15 and Pain Dr on 1/12 with my MBB scheduled for 1/17 & 1/19 w/ a follow up 1/24 to schedule my SCS trial!!!
twinmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-04-2010), Rrae (12-04-2010)