View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Mrs. D, I've had a look at the links and I'm going to see if our library has Dr. Amen's book. Stupidly, I didn't watch the PBS show. I find it depressing to know there might be help - but I can't get to it. I also have the attention span of a gnat.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience, Mark. That your Spec was "unremarkable" doesn't give me much confidence in their efficacy. Seriously, how on earth is that possible?

Even if I had the money, I don't have access to an fMRI. Anyway, I rather suspect that no matter what I do, this evil man will never be satisfied. How many times does the neuro-psych have to prove itself before these idiots stop needing a "picture?" As I was extremely high functioning premorbid, they can't see a problem. I wish we could inject these "caregivers" with a drug so they could experience our cognitive universe for an hour. They'd spend the rest of their lives wearing a football helmet. lol

As you know, I have every brain injury symptom going. The ones that most concern me, are the ones that hurt the people around me: the debilitating fatigue and explosive temper.

Thanks for asking after my Dad. Tragically, as I suspected, he suffered a significant head injury. He survived, but with little access to treatment, he seems resigned to waiting for death. It's so hard to watch someone else go through all the horrors of being a brain injury survivor in a medical system with little understanding and zero compassion.

Thank God we all have one and other.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote