View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

FYI- an update on the Mestinon before SFEMG discussion.
This all comes down to a lo of "know yourself and your body reactions". Since I have only really been consciously dealing with this since early/mid october, I know my reactions very little. I decided to experiment in the name of understanding, so I pretended like today was my SFEMG and stopped my meds yesterday when I am supposed to stop them in two weeks for the test.

While I am seeing a difference, it is not really a full blown expression of what my body was doing. I can not push it further this weekend, due to family obligations and the ned to be together, but I am going to do the experiment next week again, stopping meds 2 days before the "test time" instead of 1 day.

Interestingly enough, I am also finding I am very focused and noticing things about my symptoms I was not before. While my cluster of symptoms was not life threatening or paralyzing, they were fairly debilitating before mestinon. I am only about halfway back to that point right now.

It will be interesting to see what next week brings.. and YES, I am being very careful- always mestinon at hand if I feel at all too bad to handle. I ust want to make sure that I have a good, clean test to get to the bottom of this. Thanks to all of you for your insights into prepping for this.
roguepuppet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote