View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Since you have experienced a decrease in symptoms with a change in diet, I thought you might be receptive to another step.

Thanks. I am always receptive to suggestions. Actually the Swank Diet was my first step. I was on it for probably at least 4 years. Then my holostic doctor said one reason why my stressed adrenals could not heal was that I needed some animal fat in my diet. I added some butter, eggs and a bit of red meat occasionally. I felt somewhat better--had more lasting energy. Now butter and eggs are out again because of the major dairy and egg allergies. In fact I am working with a very experienced nutritionist who said she has seen hundreds of delayed food allergy results by this lab http://www.optimumhealthresource.com/ and that until she saw my results she had never seen anyone with off the board high results for every dairy category tested (casein, some cheeses, whey, milk, yogurt, and goat milk).

I am sorry about your BIL. I guess MS is a diagnosis of exclusion. I have learned that there are many things that can cause white matter lesions (gluten, mercury toxicity, B-12 deficiency). If I had started out with a different doctor I might have gotten a different diagnosis (although I did get second and third opinions). I had my amalgams removed and did some chelation therapy. I take many supplements including b-12. However, even though I get better every year I have yet to find a doctor that will take away a MS diagnosis.

--Judy
JudyLV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote