View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Hathor!

Welcome to the board!
I have MANY sensitivities...thankfully eggs aren't one of them (but I can't have many beans or meat...so...I'd be lost without that bit of protein) I find that my most severe reactions are to corn derivatives And there is corn EVERYWHERE. I wrote to enterolab encouraging them to test for it, but they aren't sure if Dr Fine is researching it or not, will forward my comments etc.

I don't eat out. But, before realizing there were more sensitivities than just corn and gluten, I had entertained thoughts of plain salad and baked potato, and enjoyed an occassional fruit only jamba juice (no boost) They are inherently gluten free, easily casein and soy free (ask for no sorbet, tell them its a severe allergy and go at an off time so they have time to listen) and squeeze their OJ fresh each day. Its expensive, but its a sort of restaurant meal/snack.

When I got my IgG test results back (I used York now Optimum Health) I was disappointed; but then looked closer and decided to eliminate all the moderate/milds. It made a big difference. I hadn't realized I was reacting to asparagus and green beans...the day *after* ingesting them. Its as if they hit a certain point in my digestive tract before my body said "Whoa, wait, you don't belong here!" and began attacking me. It was consistent enough for me to accept that the results were accurate, and I've yet to trial some of the items.

Since you have malabsorption, that could lead to moderately elevated responses. A rotation diet (There is a post here I think from Kim about rotation diets) might help. It limits cinsumption so the body gets a break, and you can more easily track down a response.

As to what can you put hummus on...Celery, carrot sticks, my dd loves baby peppers stuffed with hummus, rice cakes or rice crackers, potato chips (weird but it works), and you can make hummus rolls with leaf lettuce. Its not pita, but hopefully you can tolerate one of those! I'm allergic to sesame, olive oil and lemon juice...not to mention some legumes, so...I haven't had hummus in forever. *sigh* At least I can eat chocolate. Until Lent. LOL.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote