View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ativan

I was given low doses of Ativan to help take the edge off of mild vertigo. It works plus takes the edge off the panic that goes with it. I can't say enough about Ativan....at the low dose .05 mg 2x daily when dizzy, I don't get sleepy and I can drive much better due to the calming of the vertigo.
My vertigo is mild and makes me feel as though I've lost my sense of gravity and float a bit off kilter. However; after doing some reading here, I think I'd like to try the Klonopin!
M.S. has increased my anxiety (from out of nowhere to complete phobia!) and that has been quite the fight for me. The slight vertigo has made me feel like I'm crazy and has made me scared to drive. I'm so afraid of becoming house-bound.
Back to your question....I can see how Ativan would help with the spasticity as it relaxes you....but they will watch how much you take due to the addictive factor. Keep fighting the good fight and keep trying to find what works for you.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (12-04-2010), SallyC (12-03-2010), tkrik (12-08-2010)