View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default As you know Rose..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel the Burn View Post
Rose, I went almost three years before someone had the idea of doing a punch biopsy, I was put through the wringer before that EMG;s,, NORMAL,, so much blood work,, normal, was told and had me convinced it was a psych problem, but it just got worse,, the water running down the legs feeling, grabbing at things that werent there, a family that looked at me like I was nuts,, walking on asphalt made my feet scream,, arms and hands that finnaly went,, burning boring pain,, numb fingers, I could go on,, but you are in the beginning stages,, its miserable,, its horrible, and I have yet to accept it,, most days are just above bearable,, but now that winter has come in,, I cant do much outside,, I cant tolerate the cold,, I was at Mayo this spring,, and they could not give a answer to what is causing it,, and they dispute the fact that I even have it,, there opinion was that the punch biopsy was taken from a damaged area of the skin,, so I;m actually still at square 1,,, I hope you get your meds right, the pain is horrible, its likea house guest that wont leave,
I am your blood sister (older sis) through this. I totally understand, I definitely have my times, I usually cry at some point of every day, not for very long, but the tears roll down. I too mourn my old self, sometimes I day dream about how my body felt when I felt nothing.....I took it for granted, never guessed someday I would be feeling all these crazy, misunderstood symptoms. My friends of 40 years don't understand me and look at me "funny" when I descibe my symptoms, it is a lonely place to be, thank goodness for this site, where you all understand. I find myself looking with envy at others, thinking, "how nice it must be not to feel all these things."

With all that said, the bottom line is we have it and all the wishing will not make it leave. At times when I am really low, I start to think what I don't have, the things that were ruled out, even though we want a dx., we in reality wouldn't want some of those culprits.

It is a tough one to bear I must admit, not only physically, but psycologically.
Just keep coming on here for support, we will hold each other up.

On a medical note, have read Tramadol is another drug used in combination withLyrica that may be worth asking about. Also you might want to consider dabbling in some supplements, I tend to be conservative in that area (am more Western minded), but I am considering Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine and Vit. B12.

I am planning a "plan B" myself, as I have a feeling Gabapentin and Lyrica have tolerance building issues, I have already had to increase once in 18 months.

Remember, we all help each other on this site.......your contribution has made me feel less alone.
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (12-04-2010), malawigirl08 (12-17-2010), rose_thorn98 (12-04-2010)