View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My favorite books are by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD : Pain Free 1 - 2 - 3 and From Fatigued to Fantastic Dr. T. is himself a former fibro sufferer, conducts research into effective treatments for fibro, and has recently been appointed medical director of Fibro & Fatigue Centers.

What I like second-best about Teitelbaum's books is that they are a gold mine of information & thoughtful commentary on the whole gamut of treatment options for fibro: medical Rx, complementary & alternative treatments, as well as self-help treatment.

Since I found that one-size-fits-all approaches weren't helpful for my fibro, I really appreciate a doc who admits both the inadequacy of conventional medicine in some cases, as well as the superiority of CAM in others.

What I like most about these books is that they have been extremely helpful to me, as well as to friends with fibro who have read them. Even if a person is flat broke, without any med insurance, there are tips in these books that are likely to be helpful. In part as a result of things I've read, my fibro pain is much reduced, my flares less frequent & less severe.

These books are also available at many public libraries. I also liked the Starlanyl book, however I found more personal benefit from the Teitelbaum books.

Best wishes.
SnooZQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote