Thread: Drunk walking?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

UUGGHH!! How I remember those days - cane or walker would never work for me as my arms have absolutely no strength to even move the critters - and I didn't even have strength to use a finger to change the tv channel let alone strength to manipulate the joy stick on a rolling cart at stores.

When I did try the stores carts, twice I ended up at the far back of the store when the cart decided to run out of energy and there I would be - stuck - with all the items and no way to get to the front of the store carrying them.

So I got up each time and just shuffled drunkenly out of store without anything - ****** me off. So, try and make sure the store cart is fully recharged before getting on one - I didnt know about that - LOL

My imbalance, drunkenness, falling etc alwats happens when I am in a relapse/flare. Its due to inflammation for me and usually begins in bowels/urinary area and when it hits the brain, then there is a very powerful ROLLERCOASTER running rampant in my brain. The slightest movement and it feels as if my brain races to one side of my head or other andit has been powerrful enough to knock me down to the floor. THROWS me off of the bed/chair. During the inflammatory periods (which is where there is increased fatigue/sleepiness/weakness etc) I just put myself on recoup mode, settle down for a long week of cuddle me time and WAIT for it to pass.

Which can actually take up to three months. UGH. I'm scared of the next one coming and I'll be outside in some freaking field with the dog and unable to walk or move - I get total body paralysis at times. They can last up to an hour before passing.

My next flare is due in a few weeks and I can feel it coming. At docs the other day I had gained the usual 8 lbs (indicating inflammation) and I have already gone into bitchy mode because fatigue is creeping up on me.

My walks are slugging down and its harder to go the distance compared to last week.

Only made it around the block this AM - hoping I can force myself to a better walk later this AM.

I force myself to walk with the chant "If you walk it wont get as bad...if you walk it wont be as bad as the last time" Which almost put me in a nursing home and a wheelchair!

Walk it off...walk it off...walk it off...oh PLEEZ walk it away!

DX: Graves Disease
DID=Dissociative Identity Disorder
Kidney Disease
Liver Disease
MG Occular
MS - Bladder/Bowels/cognitive/muscular/fatigue
Partial Complex Seizures of Frontal/occipital focal radiating into an encephalic whole brain high intensity centralizing in autonomic system area.
Brain atropy/brain tumor/brain skull thickening
Transient Periodic Paralysis

TRESA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (12-05-2010), SallyC (12-05-2010)