View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Weight matters too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower4u View Post
I suffer with "wearing off" dyskinesia and take only sinemet - no agonist, no comptan. The dyskinesia started as soon as I started sinemet. It has increased over time and decreased my "on time". Interesting comments from Laura. I have never smoked and did not start sinemet until 4 years after diagnosis. I am tremor dominant and the sinemet does help just does not last as long as it did when I started it. Increasing dosage or decreasing dosage intervals results in more dyskinesia.

Sunflower
Thanks for sharing your experience. I would get a mild chorea form of dyskinesia when on agonists and levodopa, but levodopa alone and I am fine. We think more goes into the wearing off and dyskinesia stuff, we have a threa from a few months ago. Doesn't it stand to reason that the less you weigh, the more you will have excess levodopa circulating around? I think there are less than 20 references out there, but scientists have noted that our BMI does indeed impact levodopa absorption levels. If you want to add your weight to our info, please just PM the number.

Thanks!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote