View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm with vini with the recommendation for rest, rest, and more rest.

I'd also recommend finding a Work Comp attorney who has experience with mTBI. Work Comp is lousy at handling concussions/mTBI.

Does Texas WC law allow you to find your own doctor. In Calif, you can choose your own doctor after a short period of time. You might consider contacting a Worker's Comp attorney to protect your rights. An adjuster can easily steer you to doctors and tests that will look normal despite your continuing symptoms.

I just did a google search for "texas work comp head injury" It gets lots of attorneys. You need help with your claim. You are too overwhelmed with symptoms to protect yourself. Be sure to choose an attorney with closed head injury experience.

I agree with your concern about whether your symptoms are the concussion or side-effects of meds. There can be a big overlap between the two.

Amitriptyline is commonly used in small doses for PCS symptoms. Have you tried over the counter meds for the head aches? Avoid those with caffeine. I often treat my head aches with aspirin and Tylenol. Together, they offer strong relief.

If you can choose your own doctors, it would help to find an ENT who can do vestibular testing. Also vision testing. Women often get their hormones out of balance due to a concussion. Finding a doctor who understands bio-identical hormones will be helpful www.womensinternational.com has a referral system for finding one. look for the link in the left column under 'for patients.'

Now, go rest and then rest again.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (12-27-2010)