View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nancy F, I can seem to relate to your son and his condition ALOT! I won't waste your time with my whole story, but basically last january I got a concussion and I had to be homeschooled for second semester of my freshman year, which last until mid summer when I got cleared and went right back to cheerleading end of july and then school in august.

Since school started I have gone down hill. My fatigue is so extreme I have already missed about 10 days of school from being so tired. Like your son im taking melatonin and that helps me fall asleep. My school hasn't been as supportive as yours has. I was wondering what kind of accomadations you have for him or special plans. My school has "504 plans" and while it helps a little its not enough. I have short term memory loss and before i could barely memorize 5 words for english and now i can about 20 and at least a little information for another class. I wanted to be able to have open book tests but my school told me it would be "un fair" but personally, i think it's unfair im going through this and can't remember simple things like conversations! My fatigue is so extreme i've asked my parents if there was a way could have one morning a week to just sleep an extra hour!

So nancy, if you could please let me know what you were able to get for son with school work and everything that would really help and hopefully I could take it to my school and be able to get some more acomadations that way I can fully recover and be able to feel good again, and be myself.

Thanks for your time! Your help is REALLY needed! And I hope you and your family is doing better, and especially your son. Trust me, i know what your all going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
Hi All
Thanks for your replies and advise. He really is not in a modified curriculum. He just shows up at class with no expectation for homework, papers or exams. He is improving with more mental stamina, less dizziness, fatigue, headaches and sleep is better with 6mg of Mellatonin at night. His color in his face looks better and he is less strained looking. I have noticed that he is much more emotional now and gets easily agitated with questions. I think he may be becoming frustrated and depressed. You get rid of a few symptoms and bring on others with the rest. "This _____ ". It is hard to watch someone you love go through this and be rational all the time. I would say, most of the time I get it and realize we are in this for the long haul. This term will be scratched and we are hoping by next fall, he can reclaim an existance that gives him pleasure. Hope all you suffererers are getting some relief and hope.
Nancy
lilrichie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-24-2011)