View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi LaVerne ~ Good grief, what IS it with your family! They are really something! Do they think that you'd go to the extremes that you've had to go thru just for KICKS??? What a bunch of .....

You are going to HAVE to sit your daughter down and FORCE her to cope. You may need her at some time in the future, and she's GOT to learn to deal with this. Why should you be all alone? It's time she grew up and found out that life is full of these crises and yes, even HER family has them. You are her Mother - and she is going to have to learn that she may have to help you sometimes. And don't YOU turn down her help ~ in fact you should insist on it! lol Don't move far away from your daughter. You WILL need her at some time. You don't have to pay any attention to the other relatives, but daughter? Yes.

A lot of people "don't get" our diseases. Most of the time, they can't SEE what is wrong with us, so when we take a handicapped parking spot, we're likely to get a chewing out from people just because we "look" fine. Little do they know that we're in mortal pain!! And it's the same with our families but you would think that THEY would believe us! But they're the same as everyone else, I guess. Total idiots. lol

I cope with it one day at a time ~ and then just consider the source. We're talking about ignorant people who don't have a clue about chronic pain - and I wish they could walk ONE DAY in our shoes to see what we're dealing with 24/7 and many times for the rest of our lives. That goes for our doctors too! lol

I wish you the best of luck ~ take care of YOU and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LucysFlower (12-04-2010)