View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, That's why I'm so annoying about people gathering up info from all sorts of sources like neuro-ophthalmologists, pulmonologists and cameras! You never know where the "key" will come from or what will trigger a neurologists to "get it." I missed my ocular symptoms for 41 years because I thought it was my "normal." When I saw the N-O in 2000, it was easy for him to figure it all out and obvious to him that what I had was MG.

Tresa, I like the neuro-ophthalmology guys because they have "tools" they use, besides the clinical exam, to determine exactly what is going on. I found mine to be more objective than many neurologists. And, no, you are not stupid, silly.

Clarkstar, So does the blurriness continue when you close the other eye? With MG, the blurriness or double vision would go away with closing one eye. Also, have your doctors ever checked you out for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome? People with that often have eye trouble (smaller veins). It's a common syndrome in people with autoimmune diseases, including MS.

I'm just beyond thrilled that you have a diagnosis, Abby. It DOES give people a lot of hope.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (12-05-2010)