View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

I hate the phone too - but it's more from the effort involved in talking and sometimes the bitterness of what my friends are up to that I can't do.

However, when talking about mates, I have been so lucky. My friends are the awesomest. Many of them are friends I have made since getting RSD (Although I have continued to be friends with a couple of people from my pre RSD life). They have accepted the deterioation in my condition and been happy to take over large chunks of caring, to lift, feed, dress or throw me around. They try and include me in everything and they just let me be me... They are brill when my sister is evil and has a temper tantrum whilst getting me dressed and leaves me either in my PJS on the floor (after dropping me) or takes my top off and then storms off.. (Before we moved our house had 4 flights of stairs and my bedroom was at the top, so I had to be carried up and down stairs by mum, mates or my sister - this was also pre carers)... my mates, (Lyd or Nik especially) would drop everything and drive over to mine to give me a hand...

I know I have been so lucky with my mates - they are REALLY brilliant and I feel so blessed to have them. However, I can empathise with the attitude some people have towards this - especailly from my sister who is just... horrible...and totally attention seekingetc. (I suppose that's why she wants to be in the eurovision song contest - and I swear listening to her songs are an abuse of sorts!)

Anyway - I have to agree that sometimes using a phone is so exhausting that I choose not to...

Love

FRxxxxxxx