View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion advice needed

A little over 6 months ago, I received a concussion from an attack from a group of guys in the city close to me. The guys came up behind me and my friends and hit us. I got hit on the bone area behind my right ear. I did not lose consciousness, but about 20-30 minutes after the attack, I got serious head pain stemming from the right side of my head where I got hit.

For a few months after the attack, I was suffering from head pain, sound sensitivity, some light sensitivity and the mental/emotional trauma. I have done what many of you have said, which is get lots of sleep. I probably spent a good month doing nothing but sleep.

My problem is that 6 months out, I am still suffering from sound sensitivity and a recent development of dizziness. For the sound sensitivity: I am an orchestra director and a musician. Wearing ear plugs, even musician ear plugs, is becoming a problem. Loud sounds, high pitched sounds, and lots of sound are physically painful or make my head feel "stressed".

The dizziness, I know could be a lot of things, but it has gotten to the point of feeling like my brain is lifting up and spinning. I lose balance and I cannot concentrate as well. When the dizziness is really bad, I become slightly disoriented and it is hard to put my thoughts together. It is affecting not only walking and standing around, but also driving.

I was wondering if any of you might have advice as to what my next step should be or if the dizzyness (vertigo, I guess) could be a result of the concussion or a migrane or something? Thank you for any help or support.
Michgirl86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote