View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 02:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lady,

I live in a fairly moderate climate, just north of Washington state so similar weather to theirs. We can have some pretty warm weather in July and August. It wasn't just the weather that got to me - it would also be when the kitchen heated up cooking a large dinner, doing a lot of housework, visiting someone with a warm house, driving in the car with my husband... In the middle of cooking Xmas dinner, I would often have to go and stand outside to cool off.

Until last summer, I don't remember when I let myself get hot enough to get sweaty. We had some really hot days this past summer and I sweated a lot but I didn't wilt. Prior to LDN I would have been on the couch in front of the AC, barely able to think. Last summer, other people were complaining about the heat before me and I was able to function through it all. That never happenned before LDN.

We're having a cold winter so far and it's supposed to be the coldest and snowiest since 1996. We've already had our first snowfall and we're just not equipped for snow here in Victoria. I feel your pain. I stiffen up when it's cold out.

I hope you feel better soon. Getting sick at this time of year is the worst! There's way too much to do.

C
CarolM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (12-29-2010), SallyC (12-28-2010)