View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Only 3 doctors? That's not too bad...heheheheheh.

At PN people go to many more than that.

So read that link...I think it is very helpful. My MP came following a C-section. I had a shot of Phenergan/demerol in that thigh in recovery, and I think that is what damaged the nerve.
(later legal wranglings have found Phenergan damaging when injected.)

I can still feel it when I over stretch that leg...so I don't. Also heat activates it so I avoid (can't do a steam room anymore).
But the searing pain and stabbing attacks stopped when I used the Lidoderms every day for 14 days, in the upper thigh area where the nerve exits the abdomen.

You can test your pain, by taking Aleve... 2 at a time, or any other RX NSAID...if you get some relief...that would point more to bursitis. The nerve pain of MP however is highly resistant to most oral meds IMO.

If you have good insurance I'd try the Lidoderms...put them high on the thigh, not where you "feel" the pain. Catching the nerve higher up works better. (doctors don't know how to use or apply Lidoderms either).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote