View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I can understand your frustration/struggle. Your memory scores are weak but somewhat acceptable. The lack of WAIS intelligence scores leaves the others without a context. The score means where you stand in the population. 26 means you are at the 25% of the population. 74 % of the population have better function than you.

It is too bad they do not study and report on the meaning of the differential between the lowest scores and the highest score.

Has you tried any self rehabilitation? There are some free online 'brain training' programs that can help you exercise your brain. Posit Science and Lumosity have some freebies. You can google them. Try to do maybe 15 minutes a day.

Sometimes, memory and processing weaknesses can be improved by learning new ways to focus. Past abilities to do tasks without effort may not work but the same task with a purposed focus may improve. The need may be as simple as learning to block out other stimulations (ear plugs, dark glasses, quieter environment, etc.)

What were your highest scores? They can be affirming that you still have a good mind that is capable of working around your weaknesses.

Well, I am freezing. My office is cold so I must get some warmer clothes on. I can hear the snow and frozen slush crunch as cars drive by my house. Brrr.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote