Thread: Post OP Pain!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
SCSoccer911

SCSoccer911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I'm so sorry you're in such pain - I hope others that have been in that situation will see this and have suggestions.

All I can think of is calling the surgeon - I assume they have someone covering urgent calls for just this sort of situation.. but can't hurt to try it and let them know how high your pain level is.

Sometimes an anti depressant paired with the pain med will increase effectiveness of the pain med.

I remember that in some older posts - some members said they seemed to metabolize their meds faster than the norm, maybe that is happening for you?

but I can't recall specific meds mentioned from other post op members here.

Thanks for your response. I mean wen I left the hospital my surgeon was out of town and before he left he told us(family) that he would work out the pill medication. Then his nurse made it clear that he wouldn't change the medicine and she proceded to call me out " if he is in that much pain he wouldn't be up going to the cafeteria ". When they encourage movement in that cardiovascular wing of the hospital? And they put my on the strongest medication on a constant drip when I made it clear I didn't want it? Just unfair. Fortunately I havent ever needed a medication stronger than 10/325 hydrocodone. So if anyone knows what's best in the oxycondone level or how I ask my doctor without him thinking I'm drug seeking. I would hate that on top of everything thanks for gettin back to me!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote