Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default how painful?

[QUOTE=Jackiey;722726]Hi Tinkster

So good to hear from you. I am so glad that you decided to come here and chat to us about your SCS

Thank you all for a warm and heartful greeting, it was very much appreciated. This seems like a wonderful group.

I hope I get my surgery/arrival time on monday or Tuesday but don't really expect to hear anything until at least Wednesday. I still don't understand why the company and doctor would not verify benefits and realize I did not need an authorization. In fact I was told I absolutely positively had to have a psychologist evaluation for this, to quote the office gal "its one of the single most important pieces of paper we will need to proceed", come to find out my insurance did not require that at all! Not that the psychologist was not enlightening and the staff and office cheery and friendly, I just had better things to do with an hour of my time and a $30.00 co pay lol.

Jackiey: you said you have a stim from St. Jude as well. Mine will have batteries that last ten years and I charge them once a week for 30 mins, is that how yours works too? I could not agree with you more about the reps, mine is and has been a real saint. I had no clue they went right into the OR with you. He was with me in the room when I woke up from the medication and he stayed and explained the device all over again (he had explained it prior to going into the or) and then he explained it all to my husband.

I can't believe in just five days I will have the perm one. My doctor says everyone is different but the perm procedure is painful and expect to have a good deal of post op pain. I asked himi if my regular pain meds would cover the pain and he said no, he would write me for something stronger for the first few days. Just how painful do you remember your perm scs surgery being and for how long? Thanks..

L.
tinkster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (12-06-2010), Mark56 (12-05-2010), Rrae (12-06-2010)