View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy MP unknown cause

Hello, new here.
I was diagnosed with MP (at least my neurologist thinks???) last week and I am trying to figure all this out. The cause is unknown at this time. My EMG came out normal. I do have a lot of pain in my left hip...same leg that is affected by the MP. I looked up the causes and I don't wear tight clothes, I don't have diabetes, or any of the other causes. I am thinking that whatever is wrong with my hip may be causing it. We are not sure what is wrong with the hip yet. I went for an x-ray but haven't gotten results yet. I am in physical therapy now (my insurance requires 6 weeks of PT before they will pay for an MRI). So, I am pretty much at a stand still for now.

What are some other causes...oh, I am not pregnant either. That is pretty much the only causes I have come across so far. Any words of advice in dealing with the MP? I take neurotin 400mg 3x a day and have lidoderm patches. What are some other medications that treat MP? The Neurotin only works a little as well as the Lyrica. My insurance won't pay for Lyrica which worked better than the neurotin but still felt it a lot.

Thanks in advance for replies.
Skully is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote