View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
Bingo! I went undiagnosed for so long because I just stubbornly kept going to work thinking "Well, it's just migraines, I'm unlucky".

It took much more distinctive symptoms (L'Hermittes Sign, namely) for me to realize "Okay, something's not right..".

I had gone at least 2 years with left side pain under my eye... my short term people at work (disability) figured it was dentistry gone wrong, then went the sinusitis route, etc.

Whodda thunk it would end up being MS?
I am very perplexed....... do Neurologists look at 'MS headaches' as a symptom of MS?
In fact, my migraines is what took me to a neurologist years and years ago, but when I started having other symptoms, numbness, tingling, blurry vision, loss of balance, word-find issues....he just kept telling me it was all migraine related. But when I started to have double vision, I found a new neurologist.

I had NEVER thought of MS as a source of my problems.....but at my FIRST visit, and after a very thorough neuro exam, which showed abnormal reflexes, ataxia, nystagmus, positive babinski, positive hoffmans, positive rombergs, etc.....my Neuro said his gut is telling him MS, but I would need further testing.

So about one month later, after an MRI that showed about 10 lesions, abnormal evoked potential and a visit to opthalmologist; dx: optic neuritis, I was diagnosed. Very quick from what most people have to go through to get a dx.

I said all of that to ask.....Do you think the years of my migraines were actually MS headaches? and again, do neurologists see them as a MS symptom??
daisy.girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote