View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

How kind you are, Leesa.

Yeah, I know. My daughter really IS self-centered, and I know she loves me. When I tell her to come, I'm sure she will. I am trying to hold out until the children get a little older too. Yes, it does make me sad that she doesn't offer.

About the pain, yes it can be VERY bad. Even 5 years ago, doctors didn't want to give me pain meds so I could sleep at night. I only wanted Darvocet. To hell with them. Why is MY pain any different than someone elses?? And my pain is not always at the same level, but is always there. Anyway, I'm over it. When I had spine surgery, afterwards the nurse was surprised that I didn't use the morphine pump. It was hooked up, I just didn't need to use it. I wanted to walk out of there the next morning, which I did.

The trade-off that I get for not taking meds, is that I don't have to then take meds for my seizure disorder. Talk about living in Hell, having seizures is a whole other ball game. It takes a year for the brain to go back to normal after a seizure.

The other thing is that taking meds changes my mood, and I just can't live that way. It puts me below the I'm OK scale, do you know what I mean??

I am well aware of how pain affects the body. If I don't live to be a 100, I'm OK with it.

Take care.
LaVerne
Attached Thumbnails
Spinal Cord Atrophy or whatever-bean-7-26-2010-jpg  
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote