View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rsd

I am a 24 year old male who Struggled with RSD for 2 years. I fractured my ankle in 2008 which turned into RSD not long after and from there they tried every pain management technique available, lumbar blocks, Spinal cord stimulator trial no response to any of those. My surgeon said he would amputate if id like I jumped right on that. In the state of mind i was in I was ready to do anything I could to relieve the pain. I had my right leg amputated below the knee january 2010. I did have substantioal relief from the operation and Have no RSD that I know of. But now i struggle with the dependancy issues of the opiates. I checked in on my own 2 months after the amputation to get off the opiates and its not been easy. I attend support groups weekly. I also deal with alot of depression from the amputation which still in physco therapy for. All and all my life is slowly getting back to normal. I am back in school finishing what i had started in becoming a probation officer and have 3 wonderful children who love daddys metal leg. Its a long process adapting to the prosthetic but one you get a great fit you will be unstoppable. Just thought id share this information. Also i do have days where i still think i have my leg on those days i usually end up on the floor because i fell. IT will happen trust me.
RSDSurvivor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote