View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused A guy...............

goes into a bar and asks the bartender for a stout. The bartender, half the guys age says "have you been drinking tonight Sir?
The man replies "why, yes; i have been drinking tonight. The bartender says "sorry, i can't serve you any alcohol". The man whispered "I have Parkinson's disease"...........and.....the bartender plunks down a large glass of stout in front of the man, greedily slurps it down. After one more pint of stout, the man says, "i'll pay up now, so I can get back to my bottle of Oban, which i almost polished off before I realized that, i could use a few pints of stout. Don't worry, the man with the two sticks says as he goes out the door; I'm driving
A bit embelished to forge some PD humor, but that was me last wednesday (just the two stout, i was "sober" when i went in. We parkies have a totally different sense of who we are; we do not look "normal" to others.
I put this up to prompt stories of rejection, puzzlement, impatience, disbelief, and the all pervading "good samaritans" who have to grab you when they think that you are falling down, etc, etc., and you then fall down, etc., etc. because they distracted you.
That, and clueless bartenders! So who "bugs ya" because they assume that just because we can't walk, or speak well, that they treat you like you are a crippled moron?
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote