View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
It is a fact that when I go to the bathroom one of my cats will nudge open the door to visit if I don't really close the door and hear it click shut.
So When I took a shower I wanted some privacy for sure so I really shut the door hard.
After my shower I went to open the door and could not open it...I started to panic, I pushed and pushed and turned the knob over and over again, started imagineing myself locked in my bath room all day and started to panic....almost took a klonipin but stopped and thought a minute and tried the lock...I never use the lock on the door.
WEll sure enough when I shut the door I inadvertantly locked it.
What a relief to get out of the bathroom.
great way to start the day.
bizi
I've worried about the same thing in this old house that I live in. I have a laundry room that has a lock on the other side of the door. Then the laundry room branches out to two other rooms that are occupied by other tenants. That's the only reason why I have a lock on the other side of the door.

Something like that has happened to me,but I can't remember when. I know what you mean about all these thought that come to mind when in the middle of the problem. Believe me I know. I've had panic attacks during many times in my life,and have freaked out over many things.

I hope that you feel better,and I'm glad that you got out of the door. If It happens again,kick the right side of the door knob as hard as you can,and the door may go flying open. Have a locksmith look at that door. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2010), Dmom3005 (12-08-2010), OhKay (12-07-2010)