View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 04:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sarah
I am only due to have my scs done on thursday so I dont claim to be any expert but my dr has already told me he will not be changing or lowering my medication for at least 3 months as everything needs to settle first. This was a big procedure you went through do you think you may have come off the pain relief too quick? I know you have other health problems but maybe you need to keep up the pain relief for another little bit. Also from what i read most of the people on this forum who have the scs still take pain relief but just not as much as they did before the scs . How about putting in a call to the surgeons secretary and ask her to put it past the surgeon Its only been a few weeks since your scs and i think you should still be on your pain relief

Again i know i have not have mine done but it breaks my heart that you are in so much pain atm. pain drains us mentally and physically so please make the call and dont suffer

As for the person on fb i think you will always find people who have had good and bad experiences with the scs, even on this forum you get to read both sides. You did do your research i read your thread before i went for my trial so please don't doubt yourself you did the right thing. but please try and remember how good the trial was and how good you felt I really think you can get back to that but maybe with the help of some more medication for a while. If you are anything like me you have no been moving for a good while with this pain so all those muscles need to build more strenth and they will hurt the more you do things and this could be adding to your pain.

Sorry for going on and on but I really feel for you and hope to god you get some relief soon.

Take care xx jenna
irljenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (12-07-2010), Mark56 (12-07-2010), Rrae (12-07-2010)