View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy View Post
I'm also still on LDN, 3.0 mg., but it seems like it isn't doing much lately. Maybe I should try upping the dosage again. It too made the spasticity worse when I tried 4.5 mg starting out. After two years, maybe it would be different? Any thoughts?
I was on 3.0mg for about 6 months before I was finally able to make the move (VERY slowly, .05mg at a time) up to 4.5mg.

When I tried the first time, it was during the change of the seasons, to Fall. The cold weather really affects my spasticity, so I wasn't sure if it was the change in temp or dosage (LDN is known to potentially cause more problems with spasticity, at least in the beginning of upping the dosage). I dropped down to 3.25mg, then went back up over several weeks.

Personally, I would wait till the first of the cold spell is over, then give it a go.

It is really important to try to get exercise though, even just some light stretches like rolling your ankles, etc. Ultimately, I found a rowing machine was perfect (with a relatively strong upper) because it works the legs without needing the strength in them to do any work.

I started out walking the walls, and can now do about 45 mins a night of crunches, push-ups . . . all of the harder ones. My spasticity is mostly under control for the first time in years.

Good luck,

Cherie
lady_express_44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote