View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just responded to another post so I feel like I'm repeating myself.. getting confused trying to keep up the same conversation in two separate threads.

I am still on narcotic pain meds.. I went off of 3 medications, but am still on some. One pain med and some other meds for other conditions.

I don't want to be on that fentanyl patch for the rest of my life. My surgical pain is all gone so I don't understand what good it will do to go back onto that just to work down again later... if my pain is not surgical pain, but my neuropathic pain.. I'm going to have to deal with this sooner or later, right?

I am beyond frustrated.

I see my pain management doctor on the 15th and I plan to talk to him.. but I don't imagine we will find much of a solution. The only solution people have is "go back on the meds" and I just can't do that. I absolutely cannot risk damaging my kidney. That is too important to me. I'm already on a narcotic pain medicine and take it every 4 hours religiously... or my body screams at me. And that isn't enough.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-07-2010)