View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Peterpan,

I find it strange why the neuro would want your daughter on the theraputic dose of keppra and then back it down. If the drug is working at the correct dosage the neuro shouldn't back down the dosage because this can lead to withdraw sz. from lowering the drug level. I could be wrong but I ask myself if the keppra is increasing your daughters sz. just like it did with me. Also if you haven't started keeping a journal of your daughter sz. be sure to start one and write down each time she has a sz. put the time down that the sz. happens along with a description by doing this you can sometimes see a pattern in the sz. and what time of day/night or what days of the month the sz. will happen the most. I often have sz. early in the morning when I first get up and am getting ready for work.
It's up to you but you might want to set up an appt. for your daughter to see an Epileptologist since she's having a hard time with her sz. Just go to a University Hospital where they have a Epilepsy Center and you can find a Epileptolgist. By doing this you are working with a Dr. who knows much more about epilepsy and will have your daughter on a lower dosage of AED's (sz. meds) I wish you and your daughter only the best May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote