View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Jo*Mar I will have a look at the links and information and have a lot of reading to do

Anne4tos Thanks for telling me I am on a roller coaster haha I thought I was a yoyo

Thanks boytos I think surgery is on the cards and has been mentioned

As I am on blood thinning medication a lot of therapies and such are out of the question due to bleeding risk. I can't have chiro, accupuncture etc due to the risk. I have calcification of the disks in my neck which I think has a domino affect on my shoulders and upper spine.

The ultrasound tests I had a few weeks ago show that on rest my blood flow is ok but it's when I start to raise my arms even just a little and raise above my head the blood flow is abolished completely. The tests showed that the problem originates around the subclavian vein. At least I understand why I get numbness & pins and needles all the time. The subclavian vein started to block again earlier this week even though I am on blood thinners it won't stop the clots completely. My blood results are all over the place and maybe my hematologist will now discuss things with the vascular surgeon. I am trying to not move my arms as the vascular surgeon suggested lol maybe a straight jacket might help that I sleep with my arms raised at night and not sure how to stop doing it while I am asleep. Does anyone have any suggections of what worked for them while alseep?

I am doing ok otherwise and at least I can laugh at my own situation which keeps my spirits up
OzKira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote