View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Oh lord, no health insurance?? Please don't go to the chiro! Two different neurosurgeons told me NEVER to go to a chiropractor (for persons with back problems) because we might end up either paralyzed and/or in a wheelchair. They both said that Chiros aren't trained enough in the central nervous system to be manipulating the spine the way they do. Just one push, pull, or twist, and you could be in a WORLD of trouble. Before I saw any neurosurgeons, I was desperate and I went to a chiro - you know what he did?? He BROKE my sternum!! And to compensate for that he offered me a FREE VISIT! Gee thanks! If you think I ever went back to him, I've got a bridge to sell you. LOL

You could have a bulge or herniation, but you won't know until you have an MRI with and without contrast material. You should use ICE - NEVER HEAT because heat will draw blood to the area and cause MORE swelling and inflammation. Ice will reduce swelling and also reduce pain. My neuro taught me this. You should use ice for 20 minutes every 2 hours. Keep doing this until the swelling goes down, and the pain is gone.

I sure hope you can get insurance sometime soon. God bless you and take care. Hugs, Lee

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh Leesa,

*edit*
If you suffered a sternal fracture from a manipulation, then you should be sitting fat and happy from winning your malpratice lawsuit. You shouldn't have to trash an effective and viable profession because of YOUR single bad outcome. Countless others feel better and back up thier chiropractor. *edit*
You better tell all the neurologists, orthopedists, neurosurgeons, family practitioners, podiatrists. PT's and others who have refered patient's to me for the last 20 years that they better stop before I hurt them (I grow hair on my palms and tear the wings off of small insects, you know)!

There are good and bad practioners in every discipline (MD's, PsyD., etc, included), not just chiropractic....

*edit*

Last edited by Jomar; 12-08-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: minor edits
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote