View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 09:40 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Hi ((ladies)) - funny thread!

Mine was back when I was a freshman in high school. My boyfriend was a little older and had a car, and it was the first time my parents allowed me to go to a concert downtown with him and his friends. It was the early 70s, and the concert was Deep Purple.

The only stipulation was my wardrobe. My mom grew up in the generation where ladies wore dresses and gloves when they went out. There was no way in heck she was going to let me go in faded and torn blue jeans and a halter top.

She made me go to that concert dressed in a bright yellow shirt, yellow/lime green checkered elephant pants and saddle shoes!!

We were walking through the hallway of the stadium, and I stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone was dressed in faded jeans and bandanas, and most of the people were pretty high. A group of people approached us, and one woman almost fell to her knees laughing at me.

I was so humiliated then, but I know I looked funny and completely out of place. If that woman is still alive, I hope she was sober enough back then to still laugh about me now.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote