View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D.

I wish Alan was techno savvy. I am tired of doing it all with this darn computer, modem, cable boxes, phone lines, etc. etc.

Just ONCE, I'd like a man to say "no problem, I'll do it'.

I guess I'm the man in this house (techno speaking I mean)

Anyway, it just went out again (the dsl light on the modem). It will be fine for 15 minutes, steady green, then it starts blinking, and I get "unable to connect", or "can't recognize your IP address",

Then it might come back by itself, or I have to reboot modem (which is 5 days old).

Anyway, just to be sure, I replaced all phone connections into the modem. I thought maybe it was that. NOT THAT!!! lol

So just now I was sending an email, and I lost the connections. Came back again.

Do you think if I unplugged the connection from the main wall outlet, it will re-set itself or something like that.

Verizon kept asking me "Is there another computer connected to this line, do you have wi-fi, blah blah.

I kept saying "listen I have one computer, one modem, no wifi, no router, been having this for 5 years, you replaced the modem, now the dsl light starts blinking when it should be steady green.

That's when they said "We are sending a man out tomorrow afternoon"

I gather he goes up a pole and looks there first (before he comes in).

Oh my goodness, I hate having strangers in my house. I don't trust people.

Thank goodness my husband is home.

I am putting all wires, connections out in plain site so he doesn't have to move anything.

I'm tired.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote