View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm not going down without kicking and screaming all the way

I am 58 and have had PD for 20 years now and in NO way,shape or form am I going to hole myself away from my family and friends.....and if I want a drink at a bar, I get one or two and drive myself home. Monday morning, I had no Christmas shopping done - Tuesday evening I was done - I hit the malls, couldn't pass on any bargain, dragged my packages to the car several times. Yes, I know I do not look or move like "normal" people but who cares, I was enjoying myself - buying for my kids and husband. I never have a day that I don't or don't feel like getting out of bed. I look forward to each day - some days I accomplish a lot and some days, I don't. I don't stress out over it. I just saw my MDS and he said, "my patients come in looking a little worse each time, but you come in looking better each time I see you".

I write this, not to make anyone feel bad but to let those of you who are new to PD, know that you can have a full and rich life years after diagnosis. I am very fortunate to have slow progression and a wonderful family and group of friends. Going out with friends for a few drinks tomorrow night....

TG
tulip girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
krugen68 (12-09-2010), made it up (12-08-2010)