View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasaki View Post
We have Verizon and the Green light on our DSL Modem is always blinking.

Knock on wood... we haven't had any problems for quite a while.
This stupid thing is driving me crazy.

Oh, I should mention that the telephone dsl line (for 5 years now) was not plugged directly into the modem. I have this really good surge surpressor with two phone jacks and I was told that it would ground everything in case of a lightening strike, so (up until tonight), the dsl phone line had been plugged into the surge suppressor, and I had another phone line coming out of the sure suppressor and THAT ONE was plugged into the modem.

Never changed this. But!!!! the day I got the new modem, I thought it would be okay to just unplug the electrical connection from the back of the old modem, and simply plug it into the back of the new modem.

I blew everything out. Tripped the surge suppressor, all things went dead.

I then unplugged everything, went down into the basement, re-set the circuit breakers, came back upstairs, and re-plugged everything fine.

Worked good for two days, then everything started blinking.

So today (even though I know the man is coming tomorrow), I replaced all telephone lines, and connections, and five minutes ago I looked at the surge suppressor and said "What if it's the surge suppressor that is doing this? (I HAVE NO IDEA) but I said 'what the heck"

So I simply took out the dsl line from the surge suppressor and plugged it into the dsl outlet in my modem.

Took out the other phone line from the surge suppressor and put it in the drawer.

I then turned the modem back on.

Working fine (but then it usually does for 15 minutes).

It's obviously connected correctly right?

I'm going to shoot this thing.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote