Thread: Dental Concerns
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A few years before I was diagnosed I was put out for bigger proceedure. It affected my ability to walk much longer than felt normal. But when my eye surgeon did my cataract in January and knew of my MG he did a great job of litely putting me under and getting it done.

I am trying to get oral surgery done now tho that has dragged on because 2 of the sugeons refused to do it. The first one saw my oxygen at 96 and asked why and I said it was from talking more. She said bad sign she wouldnt do it. The first other oral surgeon she referred me to was gonna do it but when I questioned whether I needed the antibiotic he was gonna give me as I was told there was no infection he said he was out and I needed to go clear to the univerisity where my neuro is.

I tried the last oral surg office in town and the young doc there said yes. But it became stalled when my neuro would prescibe prostigmine or mestinon injection. I cant take mestinon after fasting before the surgery. I will have to take another run at her about this and hope for the best (my neuro....but then I may be with another neuro by then).

I think if you find someone nice and understanding like my eye surgeon it can go really well.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Well, Debra, I'm not sure if your comment was for me or Susan but I have to use something for pain! I accept the consequences of my using lidocaine and was only relaying my own experiences with it. And my neuro could care less what I use during dental so I won't be telling him. Oy.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (12-09-2010)