View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I can't help you much on the modem /blinking lights - ours is in the other room and hidden behind stuff on the shelf , so I can't even see any of the lights.

Of course if it stopped us from getting online then I would dig it out and check everything..

did you see the modem light chart on Verizon website? not sure if you have the Westell or not , but you can find the right one to check it if this isn't yours.
http://www22.verizon.com/residential...sone/88092.htm
Hi.

I'll check on that link you provided. I have a Westell 6100.

And guess what? Last night after I changed all the phone wires, I took a look at the dsl phone line, I traced it back to the wall jack and I saw a piece of the wire that was all frayed. I said wow. But since Alan was having no problems last night, I went to bed.

This morning, I turned on Computer. Steady green light.

I then walked into the other room, went over the part of the wire that was frayed, picked it up, looked at it, went back over to the modem and guess what? IT WAS BLINKING. So, in my mind, my picking up the dsl line and handling the frayed part, made it blink. So what did that tell me? REPLACE THE DSL phone wire.

The dsl phone wire was a VERY LONG WIRE that went from one room to another, it was too long, so we had to pick up all the slack and it was nice and neat behind some piece of furniture.

So I got two other brand new phone wires, connected them together with a little conning thing that I already had, and VOILA, I had a brand new (much shorter dsl phone wire).

So a few minutes ago, (and the modem was blinking like crazy), I unplugged the one that was frayed, gathered it up, put it away and plugged in the brand new one that I just made.

No more blinking, and I'm not writing this post.

So whether or not I fixed my problem, I have no idea. The man will check outside later, and possibly come in and check all my connections.

To me, this is no coincidence. I pick up a frayed wire and my modem starts blinking??

We shall see. For now I'm on the internet.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-09-2010)