View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Happy birthday to your Mom. I'm sure she's got alot on her mind, too, since she is also in ill health. Have you tried talking to her about how you feel? Maybe tell her what you expressed in your post (nicely)? Nothing will ever get resolved if nobody talks. I'm not sure what kind of medical issues your Mom has but remember you mentioning that she was driving around New York City......that's pretty impressive at 80! I couldn't do it now and I just turned 50!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you both have valid concerns. Since you have time and it's not imperative that you find a place today maybe you could begin your search for housing so you won't be caught off guard when the time comes. Be proactive and take some control over your situation by doing what you can do now. I realize that there are some things out of your control but try concentrating on the things that you can do something about. That might help make you feel less anxious.

I hope things work out so that you can keep your dog.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (12-10-2010), SallyC (12-09-2010)