View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not sure if i can get my mobility back...

I had acdf surgery in Feb of this year. Had 2 discs removed and he said there was a 3rd that was barely buldging but not very noticable so it stayed. I have no pain before or after surgery. It was just to remove the buldging ones before things got worse. I have nerve damage on my right limbs (arm/hand/leg/foot). I had this before surgeyr as well. I am concirned with muscle weakness as i still dont have all my strength back. i barely regained any. i get exhausted just washing a few dishes. My foot cramps if i walk more than 100 feet or so. My calf is stiff in the mornings im not sure why. I can barely wright my name. my fingers just dont move that way and i shake. in the past few months i have noticed my shoulder hurts if i move it upward and in a certain way or if i am getting something from the freezer or shelf. its like its coming out of place sorda ( i know it isnt) like it pops but it hurts. i dont know how to explain it. I know nerve damage effects the muscles. What i want to know is if there is anything that can be done about it? Like get my strength back or being able to walk better or write my name? I asked my neorologist he said that the nerves either grow back or they dont and to be patient and i guess that effects the muscles too i dunno.
AmyyAcer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote