View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's just so common sense to me...

Yes, TG! Exactly. They give us three cardinal signs, well let nutrition, exercise, and sleep be our cardinal treatments.

How many doctors even mention exercise? I have read on many a hospital or treatment center for PD website that daily exercise is right up there on the list with your meds. In fact I went for five years with a questionable tremor (atypical ET). During the clinical wait for the disease to present itself stage, it seems unconscionable, in my mind, that any doctor would not have the good common sense to come up with the idea of getting selfish,taking better care through nutrition and exercise. They wouldn't be saying...do this in place of meds. It's saying this is the foundation for being as healthy as you can be in as it's incurable....blah blah blah. You think they might even tell you in passing that exercise is the single most potent neuroprotective that you have going, so keep or get moving.

Is it really that doctors lack "clinical evidence" that our brains do benefit from some form of regular exercise? I admire what Dr. Alberts is doing, but PWP get so desperate to replicate the forced pacing, that the message is lost. The underlying truth and message is hey that exercise does wonders for us. I think doctors need to directly address how this is really key for neuronal sprouting and any regrowth compensation. Or is it just the medical community stuck in a rut with over-emphasis on band aiding everything with drugs?
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (12-10-2010), just_me_77 (12-09-2010), tulip girl (12-10-2010)