View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I don't think you ever mentioned having so much extra cord before or I would have suggested a shorter one. But probably the damaged one was the biggest problem.

Generally for anything - TV antenna, phone, modem and cords connecting any of those types of things - the shortest length is the best way to go.

All the extra length can degrade the signal of whatever is traveling thru it.

I recall reading about antenna cables and if they are coiled the current can jump and degrade that way- so maybe for phone/dsl it can do the same.??
Well, what I don't understand is how come for 6 years or so, I never had a problem with the 60 foot cord. This phone cord was so long, well, believe me it was long.

So now I have two regular phone cords (connected by a coupler or something) and now my cord is maybe 20 feet. Because the phone jack is in another room.

It's doing just fine now.

But when I move it into the other room, well I can put it in a corner, but Alan wants it in the middle of the room (which I would prefer also).

The problem is the phone cord (specific to dsl) that came with the new modem, won't reach. I have to get an extension. I'll go to Radio Shack and see if they sell this.

Also, do any of you have your modem 10 feet or so from the wall jack? Or do all of you have your modem right next to the phone jack?

I'm trying to get various opinions here.

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote