View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lori.....you can order them online through Amazon, Ebay, or directly from shop.earthing.net

I have been interested in the bedpad for a queensize bed which is $139. There are also full sheet sets (for any size bed) available in the $250 range.

I'm not going for the full sheet set because the pa must be in contact with your skin and my head is on a pillow, body has a nightgown, so only my legs/feet would be exposed.....so the bed pad will fit my needs and will be cheaper. Because I sweat so much in the trunk neck area, I'd also prefer not to sweat on the metalic thread sheet that covers the bedpad and sheet set, cause then I'd have to wash it more and the sheets might not handle more than a few hundred washings.

I'm using my regular mat in bed now, but finding when ever I get up to go to the bathroom, my dog has suddenly moved in the bed to directly ontop of my mat. I swear she can feel something different and is drawn to it. On that note, wanted to add that the mat doesn't 'do' anything. My mom was waiting for it to heat up or something (it looks kind of like a heating pad).. felt a little tingly from it at first, but now I don't.

I was planning on buying myself the bed pa, as well as one for my s-i-l who is battling stage 4 breat CA with brain mets, and possibly some for my parents too. I talked it over with mom and dad to guage their interest and surprise (yay me!) they are going to buy mine for me for a Christmas gift.

You know how I said my dad was the king of the skeptics ? They are passing their 1 mat back and forth to 'share' it. They usually sleep in sperate rooms d/t snoring issues, so I was thinking they'd need 2 queen size bed pads. Now they are being thrifty an only buying one for their house now, "to make sure it's really as good as we think it is" before 'investing' in the second bed ped. lol, they crack me up.

If you are really interested, you might want to check out ebay. I was bidding on a few gently used be pads.....one ended up selling for $77 and one over $100. Still a little cheaper than the $139. There was also one Canadian seller on ebay.....here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK:MESINDXX:IT that is selling them for $115 plus $10 shipping (and $5 more for each additional one)

To be honest.....and show my thrifty side, I've also found other grounding mats on ebay and elsewhere on the net that are much cheaper. They have funkier connections to your power source though and I did read somewhere (I've been googling this A LOT) that they don't work as well. They are used by people working in electronics and with expensive computer equipment to ground themselves so the static they carry won't screw up the equipment. They are also called anti static pads. I did buy a few to try on my kids beds......one is a football player and into lifting weights and the other has asthma. Figured I'd see if they see a difference before investing more.

My biggest cost with this won't benefit barefoot connections at all....I have become more determined than ever to buy a condo in Florida where I can just be barefoot at the beach more ! Just gotta get the kids through high school and goodbye cold New England winters !

Oh, and my 'results' update. Slept over a friend's house last night without my mat and slept like crap. I really do fin that I sleep more soundly while grounded. I have been having some higher pain issues because I have been doing things.....ie, going to a few stores xmas shopping, driving to my friend's house, wrapping presents. Those pain flares seem the same as 'usual' but I seem to be recovering better. For example, usually after driving to my friend's house (1/2 hour away) and going shopping with her and sleeping over there (because I have to take so much meds I wouldn't drive), I would normally have to spend the next few days in bed. Today, despite sleeping poorly (and not much), I was able to drive home, pick up my son, and drive another hour to pick up my camper that has been at the repair shop for over a month (because I physically couldn't do the riving to pick it up)

Woo Hoo !

And.....I typed all of this !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (12-10-2010)