View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart from nocebo to placebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post

Remember that we respond to placebo at twice the normal rate. When we are given permission to improve, we do so.

Remember that when we "lose" our selves at a wood lathe or potter's wheel or the end of a joint, a miracle occurs.

There is untapped potential there, for sure.

I have always been one to think "out of the box" - its easy for me to question cultural beliefs (also known as "memes" - a sort of mind virus -a belief that gains momentum as "truth" when accepted by large groups of people). Many "truths" are relative and the underlying belief that pd is n impossible downnward spiraling disease is a meme imo..

What do you all need to be cured? Your tremors, rigidityy, balance, dexterity of course ...but would that really be eenough? the toll that the pd experience has exacted on me leaves me wanting for more than that. i desire to become deeply peaceful and courageous - with the abilitiies to RELAX into life - to find the current in tthe river ..my internal compass..to feel whole INSIDE my body.

as long as we view death as a failure tthan we'll be trapped in the nocebo effect (the negative effects of belief). so what if we view death (in its variety of forms) as achievement instead? a culmination of life experience -without winter there would be no spring! fear of failure is fear of death isn't it? ...and the irony of it all lies in the paradox...take for example the person who doesn't "need" approval of otherss is the most likely to enjoy popularrity.

John Coleman a naturopath in Australia tells his pd patients congratulations .
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 12-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (12-11-2010)