View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Etc. Etc. Etc....

The first surgeon didn't read the path report and didn't even realize there was more than one nodule. The second surgeon (the one I will use) wanted an Endocrinology consult, which I did today. The surgeon realizes I am not the best surgery candidate... Endocrinologist's recommendation was to remove the thyroid lobe with the large nodule, although I would risk having to have 2 surgeries if they have to go back in because of the smaller nodules. The surgical pathology report might not show anything until a few days later.

Options as I see them:
One-Remove the whole thyroid.
Two-have the scans Wednesday and if the spots are hot, just watch them for a while. If cold, the whole thyroid has to come out.
Three-have the lobe removed with the larger nodule, if malignant, this would probably require a second surgery and the whole thyroid would be removed.

I am trying not to think about the radium exposure. The other thing is this flareup is getting worse. My body is NOT going to like any of the above...

I thought they could use Radioactive Iodine to shrink the nodules, but the Endocrinolgist said only if they are not malignant and the only way to tell that is by biopsy.

What would you guys do???

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote